Latest money saving tips from Money Saving Girl:
1. A quiet period for travel industry is coming which means you can book cheap flights to many wonderful destinations in Europe. Book flights for the week(end) of December using skyscanner. Prices for Italy start from £30…
And if you prefer to flight long haul try HolidayPirates
2. Book cheap accommodation using airbnb.com
3. Get £100 when you transfer your current account to Halifax, and get an additional £5 every month if you maintain your balance of £750 and have 2 standing orders set up – it works 🙂
4. Get some more savings when opening up the highest interest rate current account offered by Santander – their 1|2|3 Current Account not only allows you to get 3% on balances from £3000 to £20 000 but also intensifies you when you pay your bills using this account. A 1-3% cash back is given back to you if you have at least 2 standing orders with Santander, so it does cover the monthly account fee of £2 and still saves/earns you money 🙂 Calculate your cash back and open up the account.
5. If you ever consider health/life insurance go for PrueHealth. It will allow you to get 50% off monthly gym fees at Virgin, free cinema tickets each week, free health check, up to 50% cash back on your bike purchase, 10-50% on LloydsPharmacy and a few more benefits which will easily pay for your PruHealth cover. Try their savings calculator to see how much it can save you. Harry up and sign up before 15/12/14 to get £50 off your PruHealth membership.
6. With Xmas around the corner – 64 days left 😉 many will soon struggle what and where to buy for their beloved ones. I highly recommend ParamountZone for truly amazing and quirky gifts.
7. Love books way too much? Want to get them for free? There are to ways to achieve that:
– sign up to fill in Google surveys if you are a Google phone owner to get money to use in Play Store for books or apps or games.
– sign up for a daily newsletter mentioning great book bargains on bookbub.com
8. Test websites and earn on what users do
9. To busy to do your groceries in store this week? Order your food online using MySupermarket.
This website will allow you to choose the preferred food supplier and show you how much money can you save when swapping them. If you sign up to your chosen supermarket newsletter there is a chance they will send you some offers via email, so that way you may get your next delivery for free 🙂
10. Get some fantastic money saving tips on The Money Shed. It is a great website which helps people to earn money online when working from home. It is a genuine advice forum, very useful for parents and anybody willing to earn a few quid in their spare time.
They have developed also a very interesting blog full of amazing tips for money saving and not only. With Money Shed Blog you will not only save or earn money but you will also get a chance to learn something new, e.g affiliate marketing, so it is a page definitely worth reading!