Black Friday is over . It was a very busy day and as reported by Affiliate Windows last Friday sales increased by 510% compared to an average Friday. Revenue was up 504% on an average Friday. This year Blac Friday was bigger than expected. At around 7pm transactions registered by the affiliate platform were 21% higher than in 2015 and revenue was higher by 29% YoY.
Check the top level stats from Black Friday 2016 collated by Affiliate Windows:
Best Selling Products
According to John Lewis the best-selling products as of mid-morning were:
- The Sonos Play 1 – one was sold every 10 seconds
- The Lego Simpsons house was the top seller by value
- Marc Jacobs perfume was the strongest seller by number
- Sophie Conran crockery was the best seller in John Lewis’s home department Home Dino Rocos,
Carphone Warehouse has reported their orders were up 480% compared to the same time last week
- iPhone 7
- Samsung S7
- and iPhone 6S were the most popular products to date
- & Virtual Reality orders were up 300% compared to last week.
Average Order Value by device and country
But you do not have to wait all year until Black Friday to buy items at discounted prices.
Check the ultimate money savings calendar from GiffGaff (below).
Each month gives you a snapshot of what in-store money saving deals and offers you can find.
Often brands will announce their new models, meaning older units will get cheaper. Other discounts come when special days approach. Some items are discounted multiple times in the year, especially electronics. Black Friday typically delivers plenty of offers on house electronics and entertainment devices.
The calendar will also point out when is the best time to buy certain foods. Check out when is the best time to buy almost anything, from laptops and computers to gym memberships!