So you have decided to become fit as the summer is around the corner and you need your bikini body? ?Thats great we all have been there. Some of us spend happily hundreds of pounds for gyms annually. But not I don’t want to talk about them here. In my latest post I focus on how to be fit for FREE. Lets check the free workout ideas:
Work out for nothing and be fit for free 🙂
- Parkrun ( UK & worldwide) – more than 1.6 million people take part in free running events across their local park in the UK and elsewhere in the world. Check if any of local to you parks are on the parkrun.org.uk event lists and off you go for a free 5k run held on Saturday mornings with a group of like- minded people. They are open to all, free, and are safe and easy to take part in. Kids aged between 4 and 14 may join ‘Junior Parkrun’
- Our Parks (London) – yet another amazing initiative held by qualified instructors in parks, again totally for FREE. Head over to their sit and register to take part in 60 minutes classes at a range of parks across Greater London. There is a vast selection of amazing classes to choose from, check it out yourself.
- Sweaty Betty (London) – Did you know that this women’s gym clothing store offers FREE of charge in-store classes from free yoga to barre? You need to be fast to secure your space. Head to //sweatybetty.zingfit.com/reserve/index.cfm?action=Reserve.chooseClass&site=1 and book your class today.
- Good Gym Go (UK) – helping good causes when free running ? Totally possible now with Goodgym where you can get fit free running when doing good! Check their website to see if you can join this lovely community in your area.
- Tennis for FREE – 90- minute sessions followed by 30- minute ‘open’ play, delivered by tennis coaches at tennis courts around the UK. Check where they operate at: //www.tennisforfree.com/
- Lululemon & Psyche London (London) – are offering free yoga classes for Londoners. Lululemon is holding its free yoga classes at Old Spitalfields Market on Sundays at 10 am. They offer another session on Thursdays at Covent Garden between 8:30-9:30am. The upcoming classes are:
- Thursday 24 May, Lululemon morning yoga, 8:30am – 9:30am
- Thursday 31 May, Lululemon morning yoga, 8:30am – 9:30am
- Thursday 7 June, Lululemon morning yoga, 8:30am – 9:30am
- Thursday 14 June: Lululemon morning yoga, 8:30am – 9:30am
- Thursday 21 June, Lululemon morning yoga, 8:30am – 9:30am
Register for the classes over at Eventbrite. First come, first served.
If free running or free yoga classes aren’t for you & you need some ‘harder’ workout or can’t find a suitable class on any of the above mentioned why not to invest a few £££ in some cool apps? I am a big fun of cross fit and used to use Freeletics. I’d suggest you try it fits and if you like it compose some workouts yourself and then can even skip the ‘paid coaching’ element the app offers.
Do you know of any great FREE workout held in the UK I haven’t included on my list? If so please share info about it in the comments and I will update the article respectively.