How to resign from your Amazon Prime today???
If you have signed up for the ‘one month free’ Amazon Prime offer but didn’t cancel it before the renewal date this article will show you how to cancel your membership.
Cancelling Amazon Prime
If you want to cancel your Prime subscription, you might find it a little bit difficult. Clearly Amazon doesn’t want us to resign hence its not as sign posted as signing up 😉
Here are 4 simple steps on how to cancel your Amazon Prime membership:
- Log in to your Amazon account and go to ‘your account’
- Click ‘your prime membership’
- On the left hand side of your screen, click ‘end membership and benefits’
- Click ‘I do not want my benefits’
Your Amazon Prime subscription will now be cancelled, if you change your mind you can rejoin at any time.
Amazon Prime memberships received through a promotional/gift code are non refundable.
Cancelling Amazon Prime Video
Watch a quick tutorial video below showing step-by-step how you can cancel your Amazon Prime membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I cancel my free Amazon trial?
Cancelling Amazon free trial is similar to cancelling a paid membership. Go through the above steps, but instead of clicking ‘End membership’ click on ‘Cancel free trial’ or ‘Do not continue’.
2. How do I cancel my student Amazon Prime membership?
Cancelling Amazon student membership is similar to cancelling a regular nonstudent membership. Go through the above steps, but instead of clicking ‘End membership’ click on ‘Cancel student membership’.
3. What to do I do if my Prime auto-renews?
- If your Amazon Prime membership renews without you noticing, or if your free trial runs out, you might be still eligible for a full or partial refund. The refund amount will depend on how much you used the benefits. If you haven’t taken used of any Prime benefits you might be eligible for a full refund – simply speak to Amazon’s customer services to arrange a refund.I find chat the ‘easiest’ option.
4. How to contact Amazon
5. How long does it take to get my refund?
Once accepted, your refund will be issued immediately and should reach your bank within 3-5 working days.
6. How do I change any of my Amazon subscriptions?
All your Amazon subscriptions are seen under ‘Account & List’:
You can manage any of them from that view.
7. Do I need Amazon Prime membership to watch Amazon videos?
You do not need to have an Amazon Prime membership to watch Prime movies. You can simply purchase or rent a given title from the Prime Video catalog, without needing an Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership.