I am just about to plan my holiday to Crete. As the Euro price goes down I think it could be a good idea to make my life a bit easier and rent a car for the whole duration of my stay there 🙂 You may get put off the process of comparing many sites before you get a nice car rental deal – that is assuming you can be bothered to compare sites and deals at all..
How do I look for deals and find a great one in no more than 7 minutes ?
1. A few years ago I used Auto-Europe to book my lovely Seat Ibiza when in Tenerife and it proved the cheapest hence I start my comparison activity when checking their offer first.
–> 1 minute later I can realise that they are not the cheapest in Crete…
But what I like about their site is the nice comparison against the most popular car rental services they offer in a given country. That way you already save time on checking these services separately:
As you see the cheapest mini car is supplied here by Enterprise Rent-a-car and it costs £71. But I am sure you can get even a better deal…
2. It is high time to use lovely aggregator sites such as Travel Supermarket which in my opinion gives you the best travel deals on most occasions.
–> 1 minute later I see that the cheapest car in Crete will be provided for £52.56 by Atlas Choice.
So lets save yourself hours of clicking and checking when using Travel Supermarket to find the cheapest possible car rental deals in Crete because these guys will check for you car rental providers such as:
– above mentioned already Auto-Europe
– Argus Car Hire
– Atlas Choice
– Car Del Mar
– Economy Car Hire
– Holiday Autos
–>check the cheapest deal car rental package, in my case it is excellent and covers :
– Unlimited Mileage
– Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) ‡
– Theft Protection (TP) ‡
– Airport Surcharge
– PLS (Premium Location Surcharge)
– 24hrs Roadside Assistance
– First Additional Driver
– Personal Accident Insurance
which really makes it an amazing deal so I am booking it.
–> 5 minutes later I can relax when knowing I got the best possible deal available online and I can spend £20-40 saved in this 7 minutes process on some amazing Greek food 🙂
I will update you on the findings from my trip once I am back so sometime in May 🙂
P.S. If you are flying from UK and need to leave your car at one of 18 UK airports get 20% Off Parking at 18 UK Airports for £1 with SkyParkSecure