I love when I can save money when walking, eating out or simply working out 🙂
The recently discovered android apps which save me money or sometimes earn me money are:
1. Bounts (free&paid)- the app which allows you to earn for walking 🙂 yes you read it right for walking and keeping healthy. You move and get points instead once you link your fitness tracker or activity tracking app to it.
1,389 points gets you a £5 voucher.
2,778 points gets you a £10 voucher.
Vouchers can be used at Tesco, Debenhams, Currys PC World, Morrisons, Sports Direct, Halfords, WHSmith, Amazon, John Lewis, M&S, Boots, Costa Coffee, New Look, Pizza Hut, Primark, River Island, Sainsbury’s, Toys R Us and others.
2. Uber (free) – a well known taxi app which reduces your normal taxi fee ! You can order a taxi in your area & it should be at the place within a few minutes. IF you use Uber Pool – car sharing service that matches you with another passenger going into the same direction as you you will be able to split the cost. Every Uber Pool is 25% cheaper than the same solo UberX trip.
3. Tablepouncer (free) – to save on posh restaurant spent when serving you last minute deals. No need for vouchers to save 50% at the chosen place:-)
4.Trainline (free)– helps you to save on average 43% on the rail fare provided that you book the ticket in advance versus on the day of travel.
5. Idealo (free) – a shopping comparison site. Useful to check if eBay, Amazon and other usually visited sites are the best marketplaces out there…
6. Hopper (free) – it analyses billions of flights to help you find the best deals & the best times to fly and buy.
7. Shopitize (free)- this app allows you to earn rewards and save money on supermarket shopping. I simply use it with conjunction with my Shop&Scan weekend activity (a market research survey measuring the purchasing of households around Great Britain in exchange for vouchers to popular high street shops as well for online shopping). I get vouchers for around £60/year for submitting my weekly shop on Shop&Scan site.
8. AA Parking (£1.99) – this app is worth the £1.99 it costs as it gives you a list of free and paid parking spots in the UK and Ireland, real-time parking space updates and opening hours and the cheapest prices.
9. Hive/Cosy/ Any other thermostat-type app (app is free but the device is not)- apps like that allow you to save money on the utility bills when controling your heating habits when in and outside of home. Particularly useful for landloards.
10. MySupermarket (free)– for those who have time to check what their shopping basket cost in different supermarkets 🙂