Amazon Pages to visit during Amazon Prime Day 2020
1. When is Amazon Prime in the UK in 2020?
Amazon Prime Day is held between 13-14 of October 2020 in the UK.
2. Can you get Amazon Prime for free?
Yes, short or long term depending on your situation.
For a short term Amazon Prime membership you can try it when taking a free 30-day trial of Prime to start with.
For a long-term savings getting an Amazon Prime Student discount (50% off in a first-year)or reaping on Vitality health insurance (earn 160 Vitality activity points a month to get the next month’s Prime membership on Vitality) may be a good idea if you qualify for either.
You can cancel at any time within the 30 days, with no strings attached. So it’s a perfect opportunity to check if Amazon Prime is good for you.
3. Are there any money saving tips for shopping on Amazon?
Yes plenty, You may check my older about Amazon tricks before you start your shopping there.
4. What are the benefits of Amazon Prime membership?
Once you get Amazon Prime you can easily access:
- Delivery Benefits– unlimited One-Day Delivery on many items in the UK and Same Day Delivery in select parts of the UK. Unlimited Two-Day Delivery to Ireland.
- Prime Now– 1-2 hours delivery on many items in select areas.
- Prime Video– unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows.
- Amazon Music– 2 million ads-free songs are included with your Prime membership. Further 60 million songs can be unlocked with Amazon Music Unlimited, and you can get an exclusive discount.
- Amazon Fresh– FREE same-day grocery delivery with Prime on orders of £40 or more, in select parts of the UK.
- Prime Early Access– 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.co.uk
- Prime Photos– unlimited photo storage with anywhere access.
- Amazon First Reads– one Kindle book of the six Editors’ Picks each month for free.
- Amazon Family– save up to 20% off nappies & baby food subscriptions.
- Prime Gaming – bonus game content & subscriptions every month.
- Household – shared ownership of selected Prime benefits with another adult in your home.
- Prime Reading – unlimited reading on any device, with over a thousand books, magazines, comics, articles, Kindle Singles, & more.
- Prime Wardrobe– broad range of great brands for women, men, kids and baby. Try before you buy + free, easy returns.
5. What are the top Amazon departments I shall check during this Amazon Prime day?
Also check the most popular categories:
- Amazon headphones & earphones deals
- Amazon Laptop deals for discounted PCs & MacBooks
- Amazon TV deals for smart TVs on sale now
- Amazon phone and tablet deals
- Amazon gaming deals: PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch discounts & virtual gaming
- Amazon devices – Amazon’s Echo devices are historically some of the best bargains on Prime Day, the company uses it as a way to promote the deals.
- Amazon Hi-FI & home audio
- Amazon camera deals
- Amazon home and kitchen deals
- Amazon electronics & wearables
- Amazon books
- Gift cards
6. Are there any Amazon departments with deals regardless of having Prime account?
For more deals regardless of your Amazon Prime membership always check:
7. Are prime Day deals better than Black Friday?
I personally haven’t tracked both in a given year. I may do this year on bestselling products from their bestselling categories (Alexa, Kindle, gift cards etc.) but according to US magazine Fortune.com
“Black Friday might still be considered the king of deal days by many, but when you look at the numbers, PrimeDay might be the best time to buy.”fortune.com
They run a four years comparison to establish which event Prime Day or Black Friday saves us more money when shopping on Amazon.
- In 2019 – 70% items were better priced than during BlackFriday 2019.
- In 2018, another 67% of the items tied their Black Friday pricing.
- In 201- 76% of the deals on Prime Day were better than Black Friday.
- In 2016 – 77% of the deals on Prime Day were better than Black Friday.
- In 2015 – 64% of the items were better priced than during BlackFriday.
Fortune states that the best deals on Prime Day historically have happened during daylight hours. Some of the best deals showed up in the final hours.
Final piece of advice : if you like some product(s) place it in your basket ASAP. That should hold its price- if not you can discard that in case its not such a bargain.
Ah and finally do not forget to collect a cashback on some specific Amazon products.